Wednesday 4 March 2015

#DearMe

I don't quite know where to start this letter. I'll give you some basic advice: get a fringe, get a warmer foundation and foundation brush and get contacts.

Be braver. I am so very proud of you because you are very self starting, but be brave. Talk to people when you have problems. Write when you have problems because it will really help you in year 9 to understand the problem.

You have Hypermobility Syndrome. Get the diagnosis and get ultrasound on your feet.

Your teachers are not always right. Remember that you are just as much as a person as they are and they do not have a right to bully you. Stand up for yourself and remember that just because you are less physically capable doesn't mean they are allowed to be cruel. You are far more accomplished than they will ever be.

You don't need 10A*s to be happy, Sophie. I didn't (you would be ashamed of my GCSEs) but I'm happy. And you'll learn to miss your expectations at GCSEs, not AS levels. And that's nice.

Move schools at sixth form. Don't stand for being ill. If something makes you terrified, it's probably not the right choice. Don't stop reading, don't stop writing. Take English and Maths AS, not Physics and Geography.

You are wonderful and oh so flipping smart.

If you're worried about me, don't be. As Hayley would say:
Things are looking up, oh finally

No comments:

Post a Comment