Friday 25 March 2016

Careers

I've been much better than I was but I've been thinking a lot about illness as I got really ill two weeks ago and it's made me question everything to do with my health.

One of the things I've been struggling with is trying to explain to my personal tutor why I haven't done anything that I can say to future employers or put on my CV or whatever. I mean, I recently got a job (first one ever woooooooooo) but I haven't been part of any societies really as the one I wanted to join but was prohibited by my health was cheerleading (hopefully next September? If my core doesn't suck as much), I haven't even applied for work experience yet and honestly I fill none of the fun tick boxes on my universities career development sheet.

The thing that's been holding me back is having so much time to do whatever I want. And not only time, but energy. It's like being reborn. I've gone from every night on the sofa, not being able to move, to doing everything I want (except maybe clubbing past 2:30am max who has the stamina tbh?). And due to this new glut of energy I've been learning so much about myself. Who knew I could cook? Who knew I could walk for miles and miles along the river? Who knew I could go on a plane without tearing all my muscles? And who knew I could get these grades AND have a life? The idea that I would spend this on things to put on a piece of paper seems crazy in my head because I feel like I am entitled to the youth my peers have had for the past four/five years.

I honestly will do stuff for my CV soon but right now I'm living hedonistically and honestly, there isn't anything wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment