Saturday 26 January 2013

Well.

I'm currently reading the virgin suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides which is brilliant but a bit graphic.
The 2nd suicide attempt is extremely gory and I am really squeamish. If you're wondering what it's about it's about virgins who kill themselves.
I'm just not into teen fiction mostly, with the exception of john green, because all of it's about cancer and vampires. Maybe I just don't like young teen fiction. I like merging on adult books.
I am trying to read a book a week this year and I have read:
Will Grayson Will Grayson (****)
Karen Bradys autobiography (***)
Toms midnight garden (for my art) (***)
The thorn and the blossom (*)
And now the virgin suicides
Also I'm really really really looking forward to going up to London with chitra to see john green, but I also really want to go to an independent bookshop as there is an amazing map on the web.
And now
For a final thought my friend bryony did up a desk with stuff from childhood in the 1970's and carved WE ARE NOT WHO WE USED TO BE into the front. I don't know. It's a nice thought Enjoy my ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, snap! I literally just bought The Virgin Suicides in the Oxfam Bookshop yesterday. I've heard it's mind-blowingly exceptional. But I won't find out until later this year, because I have a list and I'm sticking to it for a change.

    Double snap! Because I am going to see John and Hank (his brother) in February! Ohh, I am FOAMING with excitement. I cannot even convey how psyched I am. (And I loved WG, WG. What did you think?)

    Anyway. New follower here. Welcome to the blogoverse! I look forward to your upcoming posts. (:

    By the way, my blog, if you care, is: http://madrosesandoopsydaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! The virgin suicides was really really good but I love books that make me think. I really enjoyed wgwg especially the john green will, but davids speech in his half was very cleverly done.
      Thanks so much for following!

      Delete