Monday 23 June 2014

An Explanation

I feel like I owe you an explanation, though I probably don't, about why I haven't been posting quite as much in the past three or four weeks.

In the UK we have three major sets of exams before university: GCSEs, AS levels and A2s. AS Levels and A2s take up your last two years of school and I did my GCSEs last year. Typically people do 10 GCSEs, 4 AS levels and then 3 A2s. 

I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to do my 4 AS levels in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths this year and then also an A2 in Maths. Also in June I have to write a personal statement for the uni application (quakes in boots) and the last 2000 words of my 5000 word essay on if TENS can be used as an effective pain relief for Phantom Limb Pain (plot twist, it can't.)

So I spent every hour of every day doing past paper after past paper of C3 and C4 (maths). So I didn't have much time to blog or even read. But last Wednesday was the day my exams finished and even though my personal statement needs work and I've still got 500 words of this essay to write, I am trying to get back into activities I did in my spare time before exam season. Like reading Heir of Fire. Blogging. Arranging trips to Legoland Windsor. The usual.

I'm back to give very opinionated reviews and to generally stroke books. Talk about summer. Hello world, I'm out of my bedroom and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment