Sunday 21 December 2014

Current mood: awake at 2:14am

Currently my major role model is Rosianna Halse Rojas from the Internet and I found her blog from 2012-ish where she just wrote about life and that feels really really appealing right now.

It is currently 2:14am and I have major jetlag. I had such a lovely holiday and I'm so thankful to be able to get jetlag but I've got physio in the morning and I really need to sleep instead of writing whiny paragraphs on the Internet. I am genuinely concerned about the amount of concealer I'll need tomorrow to hide my bags.

I've also got mocks in early January which is just marvellous. Actually, maths seems to be going ok though I struggle to hit the A* boundary on papers despite the fact it is the subject I was predicted the A* in. I mean, my offer doesn't require the A* but I don't want to feel like I've underachieved. Biology is good but the papers vary so much from year to year and I swear if my mock is heavily based on epistasis and genetic biotechnology I'm fairly screwed. I haven't tackled Chemistry yet because I'm digging my head into the sand as far as it can go. We covered nitriles recently and I'm just lacking confidence. My organic teacher sets such hard homeworks and as a result I lose a lot of my confidence with the subject. My knowledge is sometimes really good as a result but more often than not I just end up feeling a bit terrible about my abilities. I feel like it does more harm than good.

Then, of course, I have to wrap a load of Christmas presents in the next couple of days which will be really tiring, especially as I'm going to physio tomorrow and do my exercise on top of that. Plus, I have to make labels which is another level of physical exertion. 

I should really sleep but goodnight, blog.

Currently listening: Chicago soundtrack 
Currently reading: Runaways by Beth Szymkowski

No comments:

Post a Comment