Thursday 3 October 2013

letter from sleep

To all my readers last month:

Thank you.

I created a blog in January. I got a few page views a day. I was happy. 

In March I wrote a controversial piece on advertising and wow, I got 20 page views in a day. In May I had almost 500 pages views and that was my top month. 

Until September. 

I had 627 page views overall and 74 page views on one individual day.

You see, I love to write. 

It's odd because I'm taking three science and two maths a levels and I struggle with mixing numbers and words together. I always have.

But when I'm here just writing, I feel peace. I feel calm. It's like a diary but productive. I feel like I may interest some people and I would love it if my blog brought people happiness. 

Writing has always been a medium I enjoy just I write more when I'm happy (though just the last week I've had writers block, I'm still ecstatic most of the time). I prefer it to art. I'm starting to read more broadly. I'm trying to post broadly.

To do this, I'm thinking of setting a "theme" a month. This also ties in with my be more Rookie campaign. 

I understand this post is sort of a shambles but frankly it's late at night and I'm copying the deep sense of peace I feel at night onto paper.

Goodnight readers.

Sophie x

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment