Monday 7 July 2014

Stacking the Shelves #4 - June Haul


Stacking the shelves is a blogging meme from Tynga's Reviews which I stole from Lauren Hannah. Lauren Hannah's button is in the right hand bar.

Books I got from Foyles
I went on the last day of the old Foyles and bought some books

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
I was rereading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because YALC and it mentions this book. I saw this is Foyles and decided to pick it up *spoilers - it's fabulous.*

The Future of us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
This is a book about two teens in the 90s who discover their 2011 facebook accounts. It's a bit cliché and a bit trashy but it's a quick read.

Books I got from The Book Depository

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Manning
Got a secret can you keep it swear this one you'll save, the books are different to the TV show taking this one to the grave. If you read it then I know you will be addicted cause two can keep a secret if one of them is reading.

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
Ok, the cover is so beautiful on this one but I'm not enjoying it. I bought this on an impulse - I have no books to read - buy but agh it's so boring and the french/english narrative is awful.

Everything Leads to You by Nina La Cour
This is a book on what it is like to be a set designer in Hollywood and also is sort-of a love story (which is LGBT by the way). I bought it as part of my beautiful-American-hardcovers-summer-extraveganza

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
This is another book as part of my beautiful-American-hardcovers-summer-extraveganza. It's amazing and wonderful and I really enjoyed reading it. I was so excited to read this the moment I read the first chapter on Barnes and Noble.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This is another part of my beautiful-American-hardcovers-summer-extraveganza. It's so so pretty and I liked the romance. It was different.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
As this is one of my favourite books of all time and as I am going to YALC I really wanted a copy I could get signed and this makes me so so happy.

Adorkable by Sara Manning
This is a YA book I also bought for YALC as it is about blogging. I am trying to motivate myself to read this. Also, the cover is seriously mediocre.

Seven Daughters of Eve by Bryan Sykes
I want to do Biomedical Sciences at uni and this is my summer reading (well like one part out of at least five books). It was recommended to me last December (?) by my biology teacher and it's about mitochondria and genetics.

A Book I got from Leena

Harry's last stand
Leena who works at Icon Books had some spare uncorrected proof copies of Harry's Last Stand and was giving them away and I am never one to refuse a free book. This is a memoir and manifesto of a northerner who lived through the great depression and WW2.

A Book I got from Shakespeare and Company

The Character Of Rain by Amélie Nothomb
Shakespeare and Company is a lovely lovely bookshop in Paris. Every time I go abroad I try and buy a book that has been translated into english from the language the country speaks and was written by a native of that country. This did confirm that I don't really like french literature but it was still interesting culturally. 

1 comment:

  1. Guess who just nominated you for the Sunshine Award!

    http://awkwarddonkey.blogspot.com/2014/07/la-sunshine-award.html

    ~amy

    ReplyDelete