Sunday 12 May 2013

Hypocrisy thy name.

Quick mini rant (haven't you missed these!) about camera snobbery.

Ok so on Wednesday I brought my beautiful new refurbed nikon d3200 which I got 66% off into school because it was my school's annual year 11 muck up day where we all dressed up. It was a lot of fun and I've got loads of awesome pictures and films and I dressed up a soldier.

On the bus I was taking pictures of my friends and in order to take a good picture of the people behind me I had to "turn off" the view finder and use the screen instead, which I only really use for taking films. The reason was because I needed to take a photo above my head and my eye was not high enough to use the view finder because I'm not a bug. But then. It happened.

One of the guys said "can I take some photos" and I was like "sure" because I am a lovely person. When he took the camera he said:

"Why aren't you using the viewfinder?"

He was very nice about it so I calmly explained why I had used the screen because it was a very good reason. But he was basically being a camera snob. I may have only got my camera a month ago but I use it all the time for Document Your Life and I would like to think I am pretty competent. Oh but do you want to know the worst part?

Every picture he took was blurry.

Then, there was the second incident. One of my friends asked me if he could take some photos on my stunning new camera and I said yes, because as we have established, I'm a brilliant person (that is sarcasm, foreign readers).

*quick debrief for those who don't know about slrs* on an slr (bug black cameras) you can either choose manual focus or auto focus, either you have to individually focus every single one of your photos or your camera can do it.

My friends had been taking pictures and I had it on auto because they don't use slrs, and I'm fine with that and also because I was being a bit lazy. But then. Hypocrisy struck again. And this one was worse.

"Why do you have it on autofocus?" *sigh*

I'm sorry did you just sigh? Who cares if I don't manually focus every one of my photos! I certainly don't! I manually focus all of my films, which take up a whopping 200gb of memory on my external hard drive. And my friends can't use slrs (apart from Callum and Bex) so I wanted in focus photos of me. But that's not even the worst part.

EVERY SINGLE ON OF HIS PHOTOS ARE BLURRED AND OUT OF FOCUS.

Darn it I hate hypocrites.  They're so smug and...

Anyway to round it off here's a quote from the valiant Percival Cox:

"Hypocrisy, thy name, is you."

No comments:

Post a Comment