Friday 10 May 2013

"I want to be Daisy Buchanan"

So the whole of the USA has apparently watched the Great Gatsby and every single girl wants to be Daisy.
*disclaimer* I am totally qualified to talk about this as it's my set text.
The whole point of Daisy is she's a very careless and selfish character who doesn't marry Gatsby because he's poor and his love for her has always held him back. There are great long metaphory paragraphs in this book describing this such as that very strange one about the flowers and breasts at the end of the party that the Buchanans attend.
I get that she's fashionable and pretty but she is meant to be a complex and manipulative character.
If you want to be like that, cool, but don't say that you want to be her for her wardrobe. Go spend everything you own at urban outfitters on one item of clothing. That's what I do.
Good night.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! I've just nominated you for the Liebster award! :D Claim it at my blog, http://ninjaswithmoustaches.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love, Nina. x

    ReplyDelete