Friday 27 December 2013

New year, new me.

At the start of the year I made a series of resolutions like read 52 books this year (success, read 107) and get 10 a*s (not success).

Everyone believes that with the new year brings around the opportunity to be a new person. I don't agree with changing yourself over a period of 24 hours because I don't believe it works; we slip back into old habits. When I stopped eating meat it was a process that took about a year. I just started cutting back gradually on meat until I stopped all together. People who I've known who stopped immediately now eat meat again.

I've changed a lot in this past year, more than ever. I am more confident, happier and I'd like to believe that I am stronger, braver, overall (if I dare say it) more gryffindor. I think we can make resolutions to make little decisions that over time changes us.

This year has been amazing. Last January I performed with my band in front of 250 people. I finally reached a pretty decent level of skiing. I moved house. I earned enough money for a new camera. I went from a C to an A in ad maths in a week. I managed to organise 3 weeks of work experience in the hardest field with no contacts through cold calling. I finally got diagnosed with a syndrome that helps me understand everything about my body and I've finally got help. I got really good gcses. I moved school. I passed my theory test. I performed in the school musical. I made a load of new friends. I started a blog. I'm doing well at school. I started reading again. And I am grateful for every little thing that's made me so happy this past year.

What do I want for 2014?

I want to do well academically.
I want to get interviews for medicine.
I want to start writing a novel.
I want to get well enough to go to South Africa with Biology.
I want to write more.
I want to write more reviews.
I want to blog more consistently.
I want to do more for my future.
I want to take more photos.
I want to keep my room tidy.
I want to be productive.
I want to stop being terrified of growing up.

I'm going to be 18 and that's mental.
The only difference between me now and me on September 27th is that people have to buy me more expensive presents and I'll actually be allowed to buy sparklers from Sainsburys.

If 2014 is as great as post gcse 2013 has been I am looking forward to it.

Happy new years

Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment