Monday 4 August 2014

July 2014 Wrap Up


1. The Seven Daughters Of Eve by Bryan Sykes (★★★☆☆)
2. She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick (★★★★☆)
3. Landline by Rainbow Rowell (★★★★☆)
4. Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek by Maya Van Wagenen (★★★★☆)
5. The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon (★★★★★)
6. Adorkable by Sarra Manning (★★★★☆)
7. Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle (★★★★☆)
8. Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly (★★★☆☆)
9. The Giver by Lois Lowry (★★★☆☆)
10. Reboot by Amy Tintera (★★☆☆☆)
11. September Girls by Bennett Madison (★★★☆☆)
12. Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne (★★★☆☆)
13. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (★★☆☆☆)
14. The Wish by D S Affleck (★★★★☆)

London Count: 2

I went to YALC this month and met some amazing people and got loads of books signed. The one that meant the most to me was meeting Alexia Casale because she was just so lovely and let me sit with her and talk about writing.

I also did a bunch of amazing things: I went to legoland, the dandy warhols and of course, I went to South Africa which was just amazing. I did my first two weeks with my school which felt so cool and like a proper adult holiday with amazing people. I then spent some time with family but shh that was in August.

1. I want to do well academically RESULTS DAY IS LOOMING
2. I want to get interviews for medicine  I've chosen not to do medicine and I'm really happy with my decision
3. I want to start writing a novel  I'm getting better.
4. I want to get well enough to go to South Africa with Biology.  I went to South Africa with Bio and even though I wasn't well for parts of it I'm so much better than I was when I made this resolution. I'm really proud of myself.
5. I want to write more. I'm writing a diary (yey) but I'm so behind on blogging
6. I want to write more reviews. THREE WEEKS WITH NO BLOGGER
7. I want to blog more consistently. ditto
8. I want to do more for my future.  So many books. 
9. I want to take more photos.  I've filled up my phone memory. So yes.
10. I want to keep my room tidy. It's good. Mainly because I didn't live in it for three weeks.
11. I want to be more productive.  I guess?
12. I want to stop being terrified of growing up. YES (but sometimes no)

No comments:

Post a Comment