Monday 4 August 2014

Review #52 - Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

I'll admit it, I bought this for the cover. But I read it and I could not put it down.

This is about a shy girl who's wild best friend goes missing leaving only a list of things to do this Summer behind her. As a result she is pushed out of her comfort zone to try new things.

This was a really fun book to read. It was entertaining and sweet and the way that shy people try things was so relatable. I normally just enjoy the reading of a book but I really enjoyed the story itself. The book was paced well, at no point did the plot dry up or go so fast that I had no idea what was happening.

There is a romance but I liked how it wasn't the sole purpose of the story, it was a side plot in a book that is very much about a girl finding herself. I love books about girls that care about themselves not just their love lives.

A great part of this book is how the characters make playlists throughout which makes their personalities more real and makes the story much richer and more dynamic. 

The book made me really excited for Summer and inspired me to try and make the most of my summer holiday by doing cool things. It is probably not a book to read in Winter. Also, I almost had a breakdown when there was a wedding in the orchard behind my house.

The cover is gorgeous, try and get the US Hardcover because it is so attractive I want to turn it into a person and marry it. With my parents permission. I'm not 18 yet, people.

If you want to try a sampler Barnes and Noble has the first couple of chapters. I love Barnes and Noble.

I would recommend this if:
You want a summery read
You love contemporary
You want something fun

I gave this five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment