Thursday 1 January 2015

Current mood: goal setting

I am now one day into 2015.

Today is the day of New Years resolutions. I realised last night that it's a very intimate question because it feels like someone is asking you "what are the bits you'd like to change about yourself?" Maybe that's why it's so hard when we fail.

I have set a lot of goals today. I had a lazy stay-at-home revision day and as a result I made myself do a lot of stuff - do a chemistry paper, read a book, get rid of three items of clothing. I still managed to not do some of the important things which is frustrating but I did achieve a lot.

I'm really starting to lag when it comes to revision. I'm just losing motivation because I don't feel like I'm progressing, especially in Chemistry. In Biology when I mess up I can just learn what I've forgotten but in Chemistry I learn and learn and I'm still stuck at a stupid glass ceiling. It's tough to stay motivated.

And now, of course, my body is showing me the ramifications of going out two nights in a row. I haven't had a pain like this since I went blind from pain in the summer so that's fun. 

I sound very negative and I swear I'm not, just frustrated about revision and about my body.

Goodnight, 2015.

Currently listening: Fearless (album) by Taylor Swift
Currently reading: The Rum Diaries by Hunter S. Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment