Tuesday 27 January 2015

Going Up: January

t's a long month but let's make the most out of the freezing cold and central heating

Going up: UO beanies

I found a good way to fight off the cold winter months is a good beanie. They're super grungy and also have the plus side of making your ears warm  (cold ears are one of the nastiest parts of being cold). Also, beanies can be worn inside so it doesn't leave the possible hat-hair complication. I have a UO beanie from two years ago, and even though they are pretty expensive, they achieve maximum grunge. 

Going up: Mulan



Mulan is probably my favourite post-Christmas wintery movie. Don't get me wrong, Frozen and Chalet Girl are up there but Mulan is just very 90's. 

"But Sophie, is it truly set in winter?"

Arguably, no, but a large portion of the action occurs in the snow and the mountains. It's a very comforting film in the winter not to mention Mulan is the first Disney princess to truly kick-butt which I adore. 


Going up: Bo$$



This song is fantastic. Lots of female power, fantastic harmonies and it just makes you feel like you can kick butt. Go get those resolutions. (I've realised that January is the month of kick-butt)

Going up: Marathons

Of course I don't mean running, who do you take me for? I am referring to the large amounts of spending time indoors, the small amount of post-Christmas cash so no social life and the lack of exams which means January is the perfect time to marathon shows. I've now finished Veronica Mars (and watched the movie and read the two companion novels) and am on series 2 of PLL. I must catch up.

What's going up in your January?

No comments:

Post a Comment