Friday 30 May 2014

How to Take Photos

So you want to take professional looking photos? Here's my expert advice.

You will need:
A camera or camera phone
A light (optional)
A tripod (optional)

Firstly, if you are taking photos of things inside, as shown in all my monthly wrap ups and hauls, you must address lighting. I find that the best place to take photos is in the darkest point of my room that gets very little natural day light and very little artificial light. How do I sort my lighting issue?

I use the professional IKEA Fillsta table lamp. The perks of this lamp is that it's very light so you can just hold it my one leg in one hand.



Another alternative to the lighting issue is to take your photo on an iPhone and then editing your photo until it's virtually unrecognisable on afterlight. If you think it's not going well, add about six light-leaks:


It really makes your photo look really professional.

I use a dslr but any camera will do. Got a point and shoot but want to make it out of focus? Put your hand in front of the lens and focus it and just when you are about to take the picture move your hand away.

My new professional photos shall be up soon. 

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment