Monday 19 May 2014

On My Shelf

This is a blog response to a video made by Sanne aka booksandquills (who I met in October at Cheltenham Literature Festival and she is lovely).

This is a series where you talk about the books you wouldn't normally talk about. A set of numbers in pairs are assigned to you randomly, the first number being the bookshelf and the second being the book. You then talk about the books

The numbers set by Sanne are:

1,5

Squids will be Squids


This is a book I got (I think) when I was six. It's a set of fables with slightly odd morals such as "elephants never forget, except sometimes" and "everyone knows frogs can't skateboard, but it's kind of sad that they believe everything they see on TV." It's just a really funny book with great illustrations.

2,5

Scrap Simple


I used to scrapbook a lot but I stopped when I started to get busy with GCSE stuff but this book was really cool, but far too ambitious for me.

6,3

A Map of the World according to Artists and Storytellers

This book is geographically inaccurate but it is one of my favourite books ever




4,5

Brooklyn Girls


I do own a lot of fiction, promise. This is a book I got as an ARC and I loved it because it's new adult that isn't about romance romance romance, the lead has a career goal and initiative. It's exciting and pleased my little feminist heart. We don't need no man

7,11

The Care and Keeping of You

This is an American Girl book because I was so obsessed with American Girl for a long part of childhood. I don't need this anymore because it's very much about puberty (and at 17, you'd hope I was out of puberty) but I loved this book so I can't bring myself to throw it out. It was just really formative and really important to me from about 11-13.


If you do want to do this my numbers are:

8,2
5,7
3,10
1,1
10,4

No comments:

Post a Comment